We will not be accepting refunds or exchanges for goods purchased prior to 1st October 2018 (either in store or online purchases). Maplin Online Ltd is a new trading company.
Our returns and refunds policy are separate and in addition to any of the Consumer’s legal rights to cancel, including the right set out in our Terms and Conditions.
WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIVING YOUR GOODS
If your order turns up faulty or you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can simply return the item(s) to us in their original condition and packaging within 30 days of receipt. Returns cannot be accepted if the goods have been torn, damaged or tampered with. We ask you to take care of the goods you purchase while they are in your possession. This means that you can examine the goods as you would in a shop but, to obtain a full refund, you must not start using them, install them or input any data/software. The goods must be returned in ‘as new’ condition, in their original packaging and complete (as it was sold). We reserve the right to reduce the amount of refund or return the item to you, if the item or the packaging has been handled excessively, the condition does not meet our quality requirements (I.e. damaged packaging, cosmetic defects) or is incomplete (not as sold, missing parts or accessories). In this instance you will be liable for carriage, and handling costs.
We reserve the right to inspect returned goods prior to an exchange or refund being completed. If we verify a manufacturer’s fault we will repair or replace (where we are unable to offer a repair or replacement, we will issue a refund). If the problem is not a manufacturer’s fault, we offer a chargeable repair service on certain products.
AFTER 30 DAYS OF RECEIVING YOUR GOODS
If your goods develop a fault after 30 calendar days from receipt, providing the item is within its warranty period, you are entitled to a manufacturer warranty repair. This does not cover instances where the products have been damaged due to misuse e.g. being dropped, exposed to extreme temperatures or come into contact with water etc. In this instance please contact the manufacturer directly, relevant contact details can be found here.
HOW TO RETURN A PRODUCT:
If you choose to return an order, please inform one of support team here where we would be happy to guide and assist you with a refund or exchange.
Please note, we may refuse the return of an item if it is not accompanied by a return’s authorisation number. Your returns authorisation number must be clearly displayed on the return packaging and we ask all reasonable care is taken to ensure the goods are suitably packaged.
There are some items we can't offer returns on due to the nature of the products.
- Goods that have had their manufacturer’s warranty revoked by the breaking of the seal of the product, or registration or activation of software or SIM cards
- If the silver strip on the back of your Product Activation Key Card has been partially or completely damaged or removed
- Products which have been opened or their protective seals removed, on any DVD, CD or software including games, or on any personal hygiene products such as In-Ear Headphones
- Products with record-able Memory (including radio-controlled aircraft, journey recorders & storage devices) that have been opened used or had their seals broken
- Contracted services such as installation or subscriptions where the service has been activated or completed
- Digital downloads – we also can’t issue refunds based on your inability to meet system or regional requirements, or lack of enjoyment while playing the game
- Products without original packaging or where it’s been returned in poor condition